SkillsLab21 is a european organization based in France. It aims to be a sustainable leading organization on the local, regional, national and international level, a reliable partner in the creation and the implementation of educational policies along with all key stakeholders. SkillsLab21 provides its expertise and assistance to enable different communities to overcome social and economic disparities of disadvantaged social groups by developing specific and innovative actions.
SkillsLab21 aims at protecting human rights, defend legal interest of socially excluded groups such as NEET and disabled people… It also aims at promoting the use of digital competences and assist teachers and educators in ICT trainings… SkillsLab21 is constituted of several professionals such as jurists, economists, journalists, producers, psychologists, social workers, teachers and other associates that contribute towards achieving the organisation’s main objectives.
Who we are?
A European Enterprise based in Paris, France. We work in the areas of Information, Training and Project Development Organization.
killsLab21`s VISION is to promote equality, and respect for all human beings, fight against discrimination and give value to diversity.
The main objectives of SkillsLab21
- promote and provide equal access to formal, non-formal and in-formal education. Empower youth to develop skills in social entrepreneurship and employment for combating exclusion and increasing the role of youth in the development of community;
- empowering young people through the creation of real opportunities for educational and professional development and stimulating youth entrepreneurship and self-employment;
- implement youth policy and equal opportunities which enable young people to develop skills in gender equality, human rights, peace building, ending violence, conflict
transformation, tolerance and non-discrimination;
- developing new technologies aimed at facilitating the learning process like virtual reality augmented reality;
- create opportunities for young people to learn how to learn and how to reach to the personal and professional
development through formal+non-formal+distance education;
- build networks of international contacts in order to participate actively in the society and to develop sense of European citizenship and identity;
- work with children and adults with disabilities (autism, mental retardation, Down syndrome and other illnesses);
- support and encourage young people with fewer opportunities, and the fight against the NEET problem;
- provide local and international activities for social and personal competences development;
- promote active citizenship, intercultural dialogue, social
inclusion and intercultural awareness;
- contribute to preserving or restoring environmental quality for sustainable future;
- undertake activities and actions in the field of Sustainable Development;
- give transversal skills based on Global Education principles in order to equip our target groups with activism for their work for Sustainable Development Goals;
- ensure the integration of disadvantaged groups such as
immigrants and disabled people into society;
- Encourage intercultural dialogue with the aim of promoting mutual understanding and respect among people from different cultures;
- sustain the right to quality education and training for all, through an appealing curriculum and innovative strategies which merge together formal and non-formal methods.
What it realizes?
- training courses, workshops and exchanges;
- cultural, artistic or sport activities;
- sector studies, researches;
- digital work and media;
- mentoring, orientation, coaching activities;
- stages and internships;
- counseling, crisis support and prevention actions;
- networking and partnerships;
- publications, comic-strips, handbooks, brochures, guides and newsletters;
- e-learning activities, platforms and innovative web sites;
- cartoons, electronic games, videos, movies and other innovative tools;
- external project evaluation.
- creating E-learning Moodle-based platforms;
- developing Open Educational E-Learning resources;
- enhancing creativity and developing technology and digital skills with its learners;
- creation of the websites and platforms;
- realizing movies, storytelling, e-learning Guides, videos and 2D cartoons, flipped classroom methodology,
e-learning system, video games, blogs;
- creating apps, e-learning platforms, robotics for educators, virtual campus, mobile apps, etc.;
- developing innovative projects and actions also using augmented reality tools and virtual reality tools.
Our beneficiaries, members and supporters are kids, teens, youth, youth workers, social workers, social volunteers, students, professors and social activists, companies, communities in developing countries.
We also focus on people with fewer opportunities – cultural, social and geographical obstacles. Our targeting range of ages vary from 4 years old and up to 60 years old. We work is the inclusion of persons with fewer opportunities and especially persons with a disability.
Activities and Experience
SkillsLab21 has expert trainers, teachers, youth workers and leaders to ensure the realization of these goals and support initiatives in line with these goals. Also, SkillsLab21 has a wide network across Europe, the Mediterranean and Africa to take an active role in national and international research and education projects. Our team members worked on the local, national, european and international level on the following topics:
At local level:
• Empower youth and youth structures through the development of initiatives to support personal, social and cultural development, with a focus on active citizenship, civic education, human rights, cultural diversity promotion of youth participation, disability, intercultural learning and a community-centred approach through formal, informal and non-formal education methodologies.
• To promote equal educational, volunteering and labour opportunities for all, particular attention is given to hard-to-reach groups;
• Provide experience in the youth and adults field and qualified facilities for training courses, meetings, apprenticeships, workshops, youth exchanges or initiatives, etc.
• Activities in fields (IT, European citizenship, entrepreneurship education, disability support, family support, video graphics, augmented and virtual reality, projects management, environment, etc.) including workshops, conventions, conferences, meetings, exchanges, festivals and several events.
• Promotes the intercultural dialogue, international exchange of knowledge and awareness through the active participation of young people.
• Develop and implement a joint internationalisation strategy, common goals towards specific third markets and support SME internationalisation towards third countries beyond Europe.
At international level:
• Promoting lifelong learning volunteering as a tool to adapt to the constant changes and to achieve personal and professional growth.
• Involving youth in international educational, scientific, cultural exchange programs.
• Promoting intercultural dialogue through different initiatives and programmes, involving in Erasmus + and other EU initiatives.
• Initiate projects and programs that develop opportunities for mutual understanding, intercultural learning, solidarity, societal engagement and volunteering.
• help adults and youth participate in EU projects for experience, knowledge and skills in the Educational and European field, developing the capacity to manage as well we host and implement professional trainings and meetings.
• Supporting projects promoted by transnational partnerships and networks directly involving citizens and raise the engagement of communities.